Wood Jointer Information
A wood jointer has a rotating cutter head comprised of two or three cutting blades between two flat metal tables. The woodstock is pushed from one side of the table, across the cutting heads onto the other table. The outfeed table is the same height as the top of the cutting heads. The infeed table's height is adjusted to determine the amount of material to be removed. The jointer has a fence that makes it possible to obtain an absolute square edge.
Rod has a quality Wood Jointer. A quality Wood Jointer requirements are:
- 1 HP motor that delivers power and durability
- Positive stops at 45 and 90 degrees
- 3-knife with ball bearing cutter head
- 1/2" rabbitting capacity
- Table size be at least 6" x 47"
- Heavy-duty, center-mounted fence at 4" x 29"
- A built-in chip chute to connect to the dust system
- Wheels to move in and out of position
Copyright 2013 - Wayne Murray