- 2 x 4 x 96": One piece
- 1 x 4 x 64": One piece
- 1.5" Wood Screws: 4 pieces
- 3 1/8" Wood Screws: 8 pieces
- 3/4" Inner Diameter PVC (1 1/8" OD): 3 pieces @ 10'
- Exterior Spray Paint: One can of desired color
- Table Saw
- Tape Measure
- Miter Saw
- Drill Press or Power Drill with 1 1/8" Paddle Bit and a 1/8" Drill Bit
- Screw Gun
- Two Gripping Clamps
Step 1: Cut The Pieces - Determine the desired size of your Boot Rack or use the dimensions
- Select the 2 x 4 Stock: Cut two pieces @ 32"
- Select the 2 x 4 Stock: Cut one piece @ 14"; Rip it in half to make two pieces @ 2 x 2 x 14"
- Select the 1 x 4 Stock: Cut two pieces @ 32"
- Select the 3/4" PVC Stock: Cut 16 pieces @ 20"
Step 2: Prepare the Boot Rack Pieces - Select the cut Material from Step One
- Select one, 2 x 4 x 32" and one, 1 x 4 x 32"; Place the 1x4 on top of the 2x4, clamp them togeter;
Drill two, 1/8" holes at each end; using 1.5" screws, attach the two boards together
- Select the 1x4-2x4 Assembly; With Tape Measure and Pencil, layout the eight, 1 1/8" holes, as shown above
- Using a Drill Press or Hand Drill with 1 1/8" Paddle bit, drill the eight holes through the 1x4 and 1.5"
into the 2x4 (do not drill through the 2x4)
- Select the remaining 1x4 and 2x4 and repeat this process
Step 3: Assemble the Boot Rack Pieces - Select the cut Materials from Step One and Two
- Select the two, 1x4-2x4 Assemblies, two, 2x2, and four PVC Pieces; Remove the 1.5" Screws from the two
- Select the two, 2x2's; Place/Sandwich the 2x2 between the 1x4 and 2x4 at each end, as shown above
(ensure all are square and alligned)
- Using a Clamp at each end, hold the materials in place (to help keep all pieces alligned, install the
four PVC pieces, one in each corner); Using two, 3 1/8" screws, attach each corner, connect all the pieces
- After the eight screws are in place, remove the four PVC pieces; Paint the base
- Select the 16 PVC pieces; Using a hammer, tap the pieces in place, as shown above
Copyright 2013 - Wayne Murray
If you are a member of a non-profit organization and have any requests or suggestions regarding projects
for your group, you can send Rod an email at: firstname.lastname@example.org