Wood Planer Information
Rod makes good use of his monster 24" planer. If you will be working with a lot of rough, over-sized material, a Quality Wood Planer requires:
- Heavy-duty cast iron construction throughout with a table that is precision-ground cast iron
- Minimum cutting width: 18"
- Maximum cutting height: 4"-6""
- Recommended, a powerful cutterhead motor: 7-1/2 H.P., 3 phase
- Cutterhead, 5200 RPM's
- Four-knife cutterhead, with cutterhead ball bearings that include grease fittings
- Power transfer: double V-belt
- Bed rollers are lever adjustable with variable speed feed
- 5" dust exhaust hood and board return rollers are standard
- Wheels to move in and out of position
Copyright 2013 - Wayne Murray