Rod has a rugged bandsaw in his shop; requirements for a quality band saw are:
- Heavy-duty stand with cast iron table
- Cutting capacity/throat: 13-1/2" - The measurement from the back of the post to the blade
- Maximum cutting height: 6"
- Motor: 1-1/2 HP, 110V/220V, single-phase
- Table size minimum: 20" x 14" x 1"
- Minimum table tilt capability: 45 degrees right, 10 degrees left
- Blade size capability: 92" to 93-1/2"; Width of blade: 1/8" to 3/4" wide
- Fence is adjustable for blade lead
- A tension release knob that is easy to reach that makes it easy to replace the blade
- A blade guard made of metal with a locking knob for safety
- A retractable arm bracket for cutting circle patterns
- A motor cover to protect the motor for a longer life
- 4" dust port
- Wheels to move in and out of position
Copyright 2013 - Wayne Murray